Hendricks Regional Health Foundation reviews grant requests twice yearly from Hendricks Regional Health departments and associates to support mission-driven programs, projects, equipment, capital expenditures and/or services for the hospital and/or its patients.
Primary consideration is given to grant requests for innovative projects and programs that meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Has a positive impact on the delivery of care for patients at Hendricks Regional Health.
- Promotes improvements in patient comfort and safety, medical care and/or community health.
- Is consistent with the hospital’s operational and strategic priorities and department goals.
- Positively reflects The Hendricks Way and aligns with the HRH Foundation mission.
- Has approval of the department manager.
- With Foundation funding, could help prompt additional funding from external sources.
Requests unlikely to receive consideration are:
- Requests from outside organizations or programs. (Funding for other community programs is provided by the health system’s Community Relations Department.)
- Support for salaries or an individual’s personal professional development.
- Programs or services inconsistent with Hendricks Regional Health’s priorities or those without approval of the department manager.
- Applications that have not been vetted and approved by Department Directors.
In order to serve as many departments and programs as possible, only one request per project each grant cycle will be considered. A department may submit requests for multiple projects or needs.
Grant requests may be submitted at any time throughout the year but will be reviewed by members of the Grant Committee twice yearly as follows. The simple fill-in application form can be found here.
- First quarter grant cycle – Application deadline February 14; notification by mid-March.
- Third quarter grant cycle – Application deadline August 1; notification by mid-September.
Reimbursement Process and Project Evaluation
Funds are awarded within one year following the grant award notification when the item(s) has been ordered or purchased. HRH Foundation will reimburse either the cost center/department account, or individual that incurred the cost, up to the maximum amount of the grant award following purchase of the requested items(s) and submission of a copy of the bill and reimbursement form.
Within one year of the application and grant award notification, the grant contact must submit a brief evaluation form. All grants must be spent within a year after the award is announced or remaining funds will not be applicable for use.
Please contact Adam Scott if you have questions, (317) 745-7376 or firstname.lastname@example.org